Providing care and support to teens to make healthy decisions can be a challenging job. This workshop is designed for teen-serving professionals to improve their communication skills in supporting adolescents’ healthy decisions. Every moment with a teen is precious; this workshop is designed to ensure those rare moments are positive encounters that have the most benefit for the teen. Never miss an opportunity – know the techniques that will have the biggest impact!
1. Describe the role of an Askable Adult.
2. Describe reproductive biology in a teen-friendly way.
3. Describe the link between brain development, hormones, physical maturation, sexual exploration, and teen pregnancy.
4. Describe how trauma can impact a young person’s behavior and communication skills.
5. Demonstrate effective communication skills between adults and teens about contraception, safer sex, and other sexuality issues.
This event is a 3-part webinar series. The dates of the webinars are as follows:
Part 1 - August 20, 2020, 1-2:30 PM
Part 2 - September 3, 2020, 1-2:30 PM
Part 3 - September 17, 2020, 1-2:30 PM