Thank you for inquiring about submitting a resource to our library!
Do you have a resource that you think is appropriate for the library? While Resource Center staff scour various resources in the interest of advancing this field of work, we may not have the opportunity to connect with all marriage and family-related resources. That is why your submissions are important contributions to the diversity and breadth of our resource catalog and to service providers, resource families, or other professionals in their service to individuals, couples and families.
The following are guidelines on what kinds of resources library staff are seeking, and how to submit materials for consideration to be included in the Resource Center’s library.
What We Need
The Resource Center seeks materials (in both English and Spanish) such as documents, training resources, curricula, program reports, evaluations, research papers, and/or resource materials for families. Resources should be:
- complete and in final form for distribution (the Resource Center does not distribute drafts);
- available in electronic format;
- easily adaptable by targeted users--service providers, other professionals, individuals, couples, and families;
- researched based; and,
- free--we do not share materials that are for sale.
If your resource(s) meet the criteria above. Please continue to the “How to Submit Materials” section.
How to Submit Materials
To submit material for consideration, please send the following to info@HealthyMarriageandFamilies.org:
- Cover Letter (memo or e-mail) with the following:
- Title of the document, date, and the name, address and phone of the agency that created the material. If the agency received funding from an outside group for the materials (e.g., foundation, State or Federal Agency) please indicate as well.
- Suggested citation for the product.
- Information on where users can obtain a copy of the product (if copyrighted and not available via electronic distribution).
- Electronic copy of materials (in PDF or Microsoft Office files, e.g., MS Word, MS PowerPoint. Please do not send zip files as our network does not accept these files.)
NOTE: The Resource Center highly recommends that you also put the suggested citation on either the first or second page of your materials to assist users of your documents with correctly citing your work.
- If sending an electronic copy is not possible, mail a cover letter with a CD ROM of the materials (please note that copies cannot be returned) to:
National Resource Center for Healthy Marriages and Families
9300 Lee Highway
Fairfax, VA 22031-1207
The Resource Center reserves the right to reject any materials submitted for consideration that are not appropriate or in line with its mission.