Do you have something you think is appropriate for the library? While library staff scour various resources seeking items for the collection, it is not possible for staff to have access to all marriage and family-related resources. This is where you can help by sharing materials created by your program so that they may be reviewed or used by program staff, resource families, or related professionals for the purpose of improving service delivery for families.
The following are guidelines on what kinds of resources library staff are seeking, and how to submit materials for consideration to be included in the Resource Center’s library.
What We Need
Library staff seek materials for the collection (e.g., documents, training resources or curricula, program reports or evaluations, research papers, resource materials for families—English and Spanish) that are complete and in final form for distribution (the Resource Center does not distribute drafts). A professional should be able to use or adapt the material easily for their own use. Our goal is to assist professionals by providing resources that may be adapted for various uses.
How to Submit Materials
To submit material for consideration, please send the following to info@HealthyMarriageandFamilies.org:
- Cover Letter (memo or e-mail) with the following:
- Title of the document, date, and the name, address and phone of the agency that created the material. If the agency received funding from an outside group for the materials (e.g., foundation, State or Federal Agency) please indicate as well.
- Suggested citation for the product.
- Information on where users can obtain a copy of the product (if copyrighted and not available via electronic distribution).
- Electronic copy of materials (in PDF or Microsoft Office files, e.g., MS Word, MS PowerPoint. Please do not send zip files as our network does not accept these files.)
NOTE: The Resource Center highly recommends that you also put the suggested citation on either the first or second page of your materials to assist users of your documents with correctly citing your work.
- If sending an electronic copy is not possible, mail a cover letter with a CD ROM of the materials (please note that copies cannot be returned) to:
National Resource Center for Healthy Marriages and Families
9300 Lee Highway
Fairfax, VA 22031-1207
The Resource Center reserves the right to reject any materials submitted for consideration that are not appropriate or in line with its mission.